All tourists (excluding Indian, Bangladeshi and Maldivian passport holders) who wish to travel to Bhutan require a visa and must book their holiday through a Bhutanese tour operator or one of their international partners. The tour operator will take care of Visa arrangements for visitors. In keeping with the Tourism Council of Bhutan’s policy of “High Value – Low Impact” tourism, a Minimum Daily Package is required for tourists.
Minimum Daily Package
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals.
- A licensed English speaking Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay. Japanese, German and other languages speaking guides are available on request for additional fees.
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights).
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
- All internal taxes and charges.
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65 daily. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.